Charitable Contributions Funds Guidelines and Application
To Apply for Charitable Support
- Read the general guidelines below to determine if your organization or project will qualify for consideration.
- Note the time period an application must be received by for consideration.
- You must be a U.S. based 501 [c]  qualified charitable or educational organization, or an accredited K-12 education institution, operating within the exterior boundaries of the State of Washington.
- We will not support an individual person or family.
- We will not provide support for a political candidate or organization.
- We generally do not fund memorials or endowments.
- We do not fund travel expenses.
- We do not fund legal fees.
- We will consider Arts, Music, Community and Cultural needs.
- We will consider community and culture -based activities.
- We will consider pre-Kindergarten educational needs.
- We will consider funding youth athletic programs.
Complete the Charitable Fund Grant Application. It should be the first document and must include an original signature.
One-half page, maximum.
Please summarize in a short paragraph the purpose of your organization. Briefly describe why your organization is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if a grant is made.
Note: Grants are typically non-recurring.
Five pages, maximum.
Background - Describe the work of your organization, addressing each of the following:
- A brief description of history and goals.
The need or problem that your organization works to address, and the population that your agency serves, including geographic location, socio-economic status, race, ethnicity, gender, and age group.
Note - All charitable organizations must be located within the exterior boundaries of the State of Washington with priority going to those located within the exterior boundaries of Snohomish County.
- Current programs and accomplishments.
- Number of paid full-time staff; number of part-time staff; and number of volunteers.
- Your organization's relationships - both formal and informal - with other organizations working to meet the same needs or providing similar services. Explain how you differ from these other organizations.
Funding Request - Please describe the program for which you seek funding.
- If applying for general operating support, briefly describe how this grant would be used.
- If your request is for a specific project, please explain the project including:
- A statement of its primary purpose and the need or problem that you are seeking to address.
- The purposed staffing pattern for the project, and the names and titles of the individuals who will direct the project.
- Anticipated length of the project.
- How the project contributes to your organization's overall mission.
- Evaluation - Please explain how you will measure the effectiveness of your activities. Describe your criteria for a successful program and the results you expect to have achieved by the end of the funding period.
Please label all attachments to correspond to the capitalized items below.
- Financial Information - Please provide the dates that each document covers.
- Your MOST RECENT FINANCIAL STATEMENT, audited if available. This statement should reflect actual expenditures and funds received during your most recent fiscal year.
- OPERATING EXPENSE BUDGETS for the current and most recent fiscal year.
- A list of foundation and corporate supporters and all other sources of income, with amounts, for your current and most recent fiscal year.
Please list other foundations, corporations and sources that you are currently soliciting funding from.
Note: The Tulalip Fund will not provide more than 50% of an organization's overall operating budget.
- Other Supporting Materials.
- A list of your Board of Directors, Council, Commissioners or Officers with their affiliations.
- A copy of your most recent IRS letter indicating your agency's tax-exempt status, or, if not available, an explanation, such as: Federally recognized Tribe, Educational Institution, etc.
- One paragraph resumes of key staff, including qualifications relevant to the specific request.
Your organization's most recent annual report.
Please note - All supporting materials, pictures or documents will not be returned.
Grant Recipients will be notified within 90 days of the deadline for the quarter in which funding was requested. Those who are not funded will not be notified.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive a grant once every 12 months.
A list of grant recipients will be available on the Tulalip Tribes website. www.tulaliptribes-nsn.gov
Deadline for Receipt of Applications:
- March 1
- June 1
- September 1
- December 1
Tulalip Tribes Charitable Fund
8802 27th Avenue NE
Tulalip, WA 98271